- Dice the bacon. Wash the sage, bay leaf and Rosemary. Clean unpeeled garlic cloves with a cloth: whole garlic releases a more delicate flavor when cooking.
- Heat oil in a pot, add herbs, diced bacon and garlic and sauté. After a few minutes add turkey legs, turn them and allow to brown all around.
- Meanwhile scald the tomatoes, pass them through cold water and peel; then dice them and add them to the turkey. Stir and continue cooking for 20 minutes. Season and pour wine.
- Close the pot, pressurize it at high heat and reduce heat to a minimum as soon as the valve begins ringing. From that moment, cook from 35 to 40 minutes.
- Once cooking is done, allow steam to escape and open pot. Verify beef’s cooking by pricking with a fork: it will be done when pink liquid doesn’t seep through the holes.
- Place turkey legs in a hot dish and keep warm.
- Strain the juice and pour it on the turkey. Serve immediately along with mashed potatoes.
– 1 kg of turkey legs
– Salt and pepper
– 3 medium tomatoes
– 3 garlic cloves
– 50 g of bacon
– 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 rosemary stick
– 1 sage stick
– 85 ml of white dry wine